Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Augustine must be turning in his grave


In yesterday's TIA Daily, Robert Tracinski wrote about an article in Christianity Today: an interview with the author of a book about a survey of religious attitudes among American youth.

The following quote from that interview caught my eye:

"Based on our findings, I suggest that the de facto religious faith of the majority of American teens is 'Moralistic Therapeutic Deism.' God exists. God created the world. God set up some kind of moral structure. God wants me to be nice. He wants me to be pleasant, wants me to get along with people. That's teen morality. The purpose of life is to be happy and feel good, and good people go to heaven. And nearly everyone's good."

"And nearly everyone's good."

Well, it sure looks to me like Original Sin has been a huge failure!


No comments: