Friday, December 31, 2004

My new favorite building


A little over a year ago I was browsing the magazine racks at Borders in Norman when I spotted Architectural Record with the Tokyo Prada on the cover. Intrigued, I looked inside and found the photos accompanying the article to be dazzling. I immediately purchased the magazine and have had it on display in my home ever since.

A few days ago I was browsing the magazine racks of the OKC Borders on NW Expressway and looked through the current issue of ID. Inside was a story about a new office complex in Holland that used a refractive film (from 3M, I believe) for an outer layer, making its exterior an ever-changing rainbow (the effect is subtler than it sounds). The project was designed by UN Studio. To see pics on their site, go to http://www.unstudio.com/html/proj_all.htm and look under Offices. Click on Offices La Defense Almere.

No comments: